We have extensive experience in advising on banking and finance matters. Paul McMahon has advised banks and borrowers, drafted numerous loan and security documents and completed numerous banking transactions over 25 years.
Paul has acted for lenders (NAMA, KBC (formerly IIB), AIB, Anglo Irish Bank, Equity Bank, Ulster Bank) and in many cases for borrowers, as the sole solicitor or principal solicitor/team leader. His experience includes
- General banking, corporate, security and compliance advice incl. drafting standard facility letters, drafting / advising on specific high-value facility letters, drafting standard compliance documents and procedures;
- Numerous security perfections, review, restructuring and enforcement advice for AIB, NAMA and KBC;
- Account manager / key contact and general adviser for major lender giving advice on numerous legal issues on a continuous basis on both Irish and English cases;
- Principal / Account manager in winning membership of key NAMA panel; undertook 9 major and complex NAMA connections and numerous other loan portfolios. restructures and workouts;
- Non-litigation enforcement for NAMA and other lenders, 100+ receiverships; advising and assisting in litigation based enforcement;
- Several major loan acquisitions by investment funds including both the commercial and security aspects as principal or team leader;
- Workout and resolution of complex loans and security for investment funds;
- Wrote two major guides for managing and enforcing security for Irish and UK security for bank clients.
Paul has lectured on and written the legal material for aspects of the Law Society’s Diplomas and Certificates in Finance and Financial Services for many years. His principal lectures have covered loan agreements and security, enforcement issues and compliance. He has acted as external examiner in the Diploma in Finance and has set the exams on occasions.
Paul has qualifications in and has been a member of the Institute of Bankers and the Association of Compliance Officers for over 15 years.
He brings a very broad range of skills in banking, insolvency, personal finance, taxation and compliance to bear in banking and finance matters. He is intimately familiar and has written on the various codes of practice on codes of conduct in relation to banking matter.