Paul McMahon has been a Chartered Tax Advisor and member of the Irish Taxation Institute for over 17 years. He is a Qualified Financial Advisor and brings a broad wealth management perspective to bear.
Paul formerly worked for the in-house legal firm of one of the “top four” accountancy firms. In this capacity, he worked closely with several specialist tax groups and worked on or in some cases managed, complex tax based projects with those groups.
Subsequently, Paul has worked as a solicitor and tax adviser and/or has implemented tax based structures, sometimes in conjunction with accountancy firms. He has advised on and implemented structures and arrangements which are tax efficient or use tax reliefs and incentives that are available.
Paul has undertaken many reorganisations and arrangements in relation to company groups, company sales and purchases, and in the context of succession, and inheritance tax planning.
Paul has drafted and worked on numerous lifetime and will based family trusts. Paul has undertaken and advises on income tax corporation tax, PAYE, VAT, stamp duty and capital tax returns. His experience includes advising and implementing
- corporate reorganisations
- tax efficient pension structures, including self-administered schemes
- extracting cash and assets from companies tax efficiently
- tax aspects of incorporation and the group structures
- Enterprise and Investment Scheme Incentive Scheme, Seed Capital Scheme & SURE
- inward investment by non-Irish entities seeking 12.5% rate
- tax due diligence in company and business sales and purchases
- implementing the Irish aspects of international tax holding structures
- advising on offshore trusts issues
- capital gains tax entrepreneur and tax retirement relief
- tax efficient wills and trusts
- inheritance and gift tax relief reliefs
- succession planning
- stamp duty advice and planning
- advising on VAT on property and leases
- general compliance issues including revenue audits
- double taxation relief
- tax returns for personal and corporate taxes
As part of Irish Legal Guide, Paul has written over 1,000 pages of content and organised the original legislative materials and many Revenue notes across all taxation areas.